Dining / General
- All table bookings of 8 or more wishing to order food must supply a full pre-order 3 days prior to your booking
- Please be aware that larger table bookings may be split over a few tables, however these tables will be within close proximity of each other, keeping your party together
- Please be aware that, whilst we will endeavour to accommodate your needs, we may not be able to add guests onto your booking after the initial confirmation deposit has been paid. If you wish to add to your party, please make sure you contact us as soon as possible to avoid disappointment
- Due to licensing laws we do not permit our guests to consume their own alcohol on the premises
- We operate a strict “Challenge 21” policy, in accordance with the guidelines set by Northumbria Police. We recommend that anyone fortunate enough to look under 21 brings along their photographic driving license or passport
- We do not permit anyone under the age of 18 to be on the premises after 9pm. If your party includes anyone under the age of 18 it is your duty to inform us prior to confirming the booking
- We cannot take responsibility for any lost property and do not have a cloakroom facility on site
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of your experience with us, please let us know at the time so we can resolve the situation for you
- We do not generally allow fancy dress
- We can only hold items left on-site for a maximum of 3 days, after which, any decorations, etc. will be recycled
- To confirm a table, we require a deposit of £5 per head for parties of 6 or more. We can provisionally hold tables for up to 7 days, after this we will try and contact you, however if we have not received your deposit in this time we reserve the right to cancel your booking
- All final payments and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Your deposit will be deducted from your final bill on invoice
- Final payments must be received 7 days before the date of a booking
- Final payments must be made in one transaction; we cannot accept separate payments from individual guests
- If a receipt is required, please ensure you request this prior to the date of your booking in order to have it ready for collection on the night. We may not be able to provide receipts on the day of your party
- Room hire is dependent on either a minimum spend and/or food being supplied by our kitchen. To be agreed between the party organiser and the Events Manager at City Tavern
- Due to food preparation laws, all food consumed on our premises must have been prepared by us. We could, of course, turn a blind eye to a cake!
- Menus are subject to change. In the unlikely event that this does happen your party will be informed
- All function bookings wishing to offer food must supply a full buffet pre-order 1 week prior to your booking. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer the service of ordering on the day
- Any amendments to your food choices must be made at least 1 week before your event. We cannot change your order form once this has been submitted to our Events Manager
- Canape/buffets are prepared for a minimum of number of guests. Please email to clarify your number requirements and we will advise
- If choosing a canape/buffet option, we require that you cater for 100% of your guests
- Buffets can only be left out for 2 hours due to health safety regulations
- Digital gift vouchers will be sent via email. Please be sure to check junk/spam folders
- All gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from purchase date (unless otherwise stated)
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term '' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Barhound Ltd., 10 Northumberland Rd
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8JF, United Kingdom. Our company registration number is 08370311, registered in England and Wales. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.